At DTU Electrical Engineering we have an international research environment with PhD students and researchers from all over the world.
Our PhD students are funded by industrial scholarships, research schools and DTU scholarships. We currently have 85 PhD students at the department.
The PhD programme is a three-year research programme where the PhD student is trained to become a researcher. The PhD programme consists of:
- an independent research project
- a study programme corresponding to 30 ECTS points
- a teaching and communication course corresponding to six months
- an external research stay
- a scientific thesis and
- a defence open to the public
DTU offers five PhD programmes. Each programme has a PhD committee responsible for the academic course of the PhD programme. As a PhD student at DTU Electrical Engineering you are under the PhD Committee for Electronics, Communication and Space Research.